We are a non-profit pet rescue focused on finding homeless and abandoned cats new loving homes with responsible owners. Most of our cats are surrendered to us by people who can no longer care for their pets or who find themselves the caretaker of a neighborhood cat and / or kittens. All our cats are spayed or neutered, tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV, fully vaccinated, fostered in a home setting and checked by a veterinarian before adoption.
We are a small group whose goal is to match responsible owners with the right pet. When our cats don't fit an adopters' specific needs we can provide them with information on appropriate pets available from other local rescues/organizations or individuals. We are also happy to lend our expertise and resources to anyone who is looking for a specific type of pet (breed of dog or possibly de-clawed cat) or looking to rehome their own pet or a stray that they have found. In some instances we can take the pet (especially a cat) if we have room or in most cases we simply guide the owner with responsible adoption placement and advertising tips.
PAWS-OK is a non-for-profit 501(c)(3) designated organization and does not receive any public funding. Contributions are deductible under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code. All the dollars we spend on running our organization are received as adoption fees, donations or are raised by our volunteers.
The Friendliest Cats in Oklahoma City
Pet Adoption and Welfare Services of Oklahoma, Inc
We have rescued and found new loving homes for over 1100 cats
(as of Aug 1, 2016)
Thank You for your support!
Pet Adoption and Welfare Services of Oklahoma, Inc. PAWS-OK email@example.com (405) 204-3964
This page was last updated: October 20, 2016
Our constant, urgent need is always loving caring, forever adoptive homes. Please share our site and mission with your friends.
Did you know that FIVE MONTH OLD kittens can get pregnant?
Did you know that ALL residents of Oklahoma City have access to FREE spay and neuter services?
Click below for more information!
Re-homing A Pet
If you have a pet you need to re-home, please follow these steps:
- If you adopted the pet from a rescue or at a local PetSmart, please contact the rescue first. Most rescues want the pet to be returned to them so they can find it a new home. If you no longer have the paperwork and you know where you adopted it we can help you locate the rescue organization.
- We prefer that requests for help with cats or dogs be directed to us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
1. the origin of the cat you have.
2. the cats name and age
3. the reason it needs to be re-homed
4. its' spay/neuter status, year of last vaccinations and if the cat is declawed
5. your contact information (daytime phone and e-mail address)
6. the time frame you need to find the cat a new home
7. pictures of the pet.
- Please be aware that our ability to accept cats is totally dependent on our space available and we often times have a waiting list. We do not accept dogs at this time but we can help you find an appropriate canine rescue to assist you or network a dog for you.
- At this time, we can can only assist you in the re-homing of your adult pet by networking them through social media.
- Please be aware that we will not be able to assist in the re-homing of any pet who is not spayed or neutered.
- We strongly suggest that you spay or neuter any kittens or cats you have BEFORE finding them a new home so that they do not contribute to the overpopulation crisis we are currently experiencing.
- We also strongly suggest you NOT offer any pet up for FREE and suggest that the minimum fee you request for a kitten cover the cost of the spay/neuter and vaccinations.
- Our LINKS page contains a list of low cost spay and neuter clinics that may help you.
- We have provided information that you may use in screening potential adopters for your personal cat:
Ready to adopt?
The first step in adopting a pet from PAWS is to complete an
Adoption Request Form
This brief survey helps us understand your pet experience, home environment and personal preferences so that we can help you pick out the purr-fect cat for your lifestyle.
We have recently updated our Request Form so potential adopters can fill it out on line and send it back to us! To celebrate this upgrade we are reducing our adoption fee by $10 for approved adopters who submit their request electronically!
So if you are ready to adopt, download the form, complete it on your computer then send it back into us! This offer is valid for requests received on or before December 1, 2016.
If you are thinking that you would like to have a declawed cat, pease contact us. We regularily get notified of great declawed cats in need of new homes. SInce they don't do well in rescue and shelter environments (most do not like other strange animals) getting them from the current owner is a good option. We can put you in touch with those owners.
Meet and Greet
PAWS-OK at A1 Pet Emporium
Saturday, October 22
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Come by and meet some of our great cats and kittens! This is our FIRST time at the newest A1 Pet Emporium location at 11649 S Western in the Greenway Plaza.