We are a non-profit pet rescue focused on finding homeless and abandoned cats new loving homes with responsible owners. Most of our cats are surrendered to us by people who can no longer care for their pets or who find themselves the caretaker of a neighborhood stray and/or kittens. All our cats are spayed or neutered, tested for FeLV and FIV, vaccinated, fostered in a home setting and checked by a veterinarian before adoption.
We are a small group whose goal is to match responsible owners with the right pet. When our cats don't fit an adopters' specific needs we can provide them with information on appropriate pets available from other local rescues/organizations or individuals. We are also happy to lend our expertise and resources to anyone who is looking for a specific type of pet (i.e specific dog breed or declawed cat). If we do not have space available to rescue a pet we can guide you to other responsible adoption agencies and advertising options.
Pet Adoption and Welfare Services of Oklahoma, Inc
Established: August, 2008
PAWS-OK is a non-for-profit 501(c)(3) designated organization and does not receive any public funding. Contributions are deductible under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code. All the dollars we spend on running our organization are received as adoption fees, donations or are raised by our volunteers.
Pet Adoption and Welfare Services of Oklahoma, Inc. PAWS-OK firstname.lastname@example.org (405) 204-3964
This page was last updated: February 4, 2020
Our constant, urgent need is loving, forever adoptive homes. Please share our site and mission with your friends.
DID YOU KNOW?
FIVE MONTH OLD kittens can get pregnant!
DID YOU KNOW?
ALL residents of Oklahoma City have access to FREE spay and neuter services?
Click below for more information
Re-Homing A Pet
Follow these steps:
1. If you adopted the pet from a rescue or at a local PetSmart, pleasecontact the rescue first. Most rescues want the pet to be returned to them so they can find it a new home. If you no longer have the paperwork and you know where you adopted it we can help you locate the rescue organization.
2. PAWS-OK will always take cats we previously adopted back intoour rescue. Please call or text our volunteer at (405) 204-3964 or use the contact link on this page to message us.
3. If you are wanting to surrender a new cat to us for our program please be aware that our ability to accept cats is totally dependent on space available and we usually have a waiting list.
We will not assist in the re-homing of any pet who is not spayed or neutered. We strongly suggest that
1. You spay or neuter all cats / kittens BEFORE finding them a new home so that they can't contribute to our current overpopulation crisis. We have a list of low cost clinics on our "Spay & Neuter" page.
2. DO NOT offer any pet up for FREE. See our "Never Free" page.
3. If you live in OKC, surrendering a pet to the OKC Shelter on SE 29th is now BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call first to arrange a time.
Here are three documents you can use to help you place your cat:
Please consider donating to our rescue through our Paypal link:
This is Cash. He is a real survivor! He was found unable to walk, transported to the local shelter, placed on the destroy list, then networked in the hope of being saved. PAWS-OK committed to him just hours before his euthanize appointment. He went directly to the vet where x-rays revealed 2 broken legs and numerous pelvic fractures. Three pins were put in his back legs the same day he was rescued then a large hernia was repaired a few days later. He is certainly one lucky guy - and definitely appropriately named as he drained PAWS-OK "cash" reserves. If you would like to contribute to his bill, please use the donate button to the left. Thank you!