We are a non-profit pet rescue focused on finding homeless and abandoned cats new loving homes with responsible owners. Most of our cats are surrendered to us by people who can no longer care for their pets or who find themselves the caretaker of a neighborhood stray and/or kittens. All our cats are spayed or neutered, tested for FeLV and FIV, vaccinated, fostered in a home setting and checked by a veterinarian before adoption.
We are a small group whose goal is to match responsible owners with the right pet. When our cats don't fit an adopters' specific needs we can provide them with information on appropriate pets available from other local rescues/organizations or individuals. We are also happy to lend our expertise and resources to anyone who is looking for a specific type of pet (i.e specific dog breed or declawed cat). If we do not have space available to rescue a pet we can guide you to other responsible adoption agencies and advertising options.
The Friendliest Cats in Oklahoma City
Pet Adoption and Welfare Services of Oklahoma, Inc
Established: August, 2008
PAWS-OK is a non-for-profit 501(c)(3) designated organization and does not receive any public funding. Contributions are deductible under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code. All the dollars we spend on running our organization are received as adoption fees, donations or are raised by our volunteers.
Pet Adoption and Welfare Services of Oklahoma, Inc. PAWS-OK email@example.com (405) 204-3964
This page was last updated: May 16, 2023
Our constant, urgent need is loving, forever adoptive homes. Please share our site & mission with your friends.
DID YOU KNOW?
FIVE MONTH OLD kittens can get pregnant!
DID YOU KNOW?
ALL residents of Oklahoma City have access to FREE spay and neuter services?
Click below for more information
Re-Homing A Pet
Follow these steps:
1. If you adopted the pet from a rescue or at a local PetSmart, please contact the rescue first. Most rescues want the pet to be returned to them so they can find it a new home. If you no longer have the paperwork and you know where you adopted it we can help you locate the rescue organization.
2. PAWS-OK will always take cats we previously adopted back into our rescue. Please call or text our volunteer at (405) 204-3964 or use the contact link on this page to message us.
3. If you are wanting to surrender a new cat to us for our program please be aware that our ability to accept cats is totally dependent on space available and we usually have a waiting list.
We will not assist in the re-homing of any pet who is not spayed or neutered. We strongly suggest that
1. You spay or neuter all cats / kittens BEFORE finding them a new home so that they can't contribute to our current overpopulation crisis. We have a list of low cost clinics on our "Spay & Neuter" page.
2. DO NOT offer any pet up for FREE. See our "Never Free" page.
3. If you live in OKC, surrendering a pet to the OKC Shelter on SE 29th is now BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call first to arrange a time.
Here are two documents you can use to help you find a great new owner for your cat:
Searching for a Declawed cat or have one that you need to rehome?
Rehome by Adopt-a-Pet.com and Petco Foundation
Find Your Pet A Loving Forever Home
The safe, no cost way to rehome your pet
Check out our newest page all about
Our cats and kittens don't get rescued and rehomed on their own - it take a "village" of volunteers and right now we are in need of a few good people who can put in a few hours a week helping us out.
* See the PAWS-OK cats and kittens that are currently in our PetSmart Adoption Center
* View more of our cats still in foster homes.
Try posting and/or reviewing the cats on
Declawed Cats Needing Homes Oklahoma in Oklahoma
Ready to adopt?
The first step in adopting a pet from PAWS is to complete an
Adoption Request Form
This brief survey helps us understand your pet experience, home environment and personal preferences so that we can help you pick out the purr-fect cat for your lifestyle.
We have recently updated our Request Form so potential adopters can fill it out on line and send it back to us!
So if you are ready
to adopt, download
the form now and get it
take 3-4 days.
Looking for a special needs cat?
Low Cost Spay & Neuter Services
Meet our cats by Appointment Only
A few of our cats can be “viewed” at PetSmart (NW Expressway and Rockwell) and on line at Adopt-a-Pet & Petfinder.com. In order to arrange a personal meeting with them, potential adopters must complete an Adoption Request Form and be approved to adopt. Meet & Greet appointments can then be made with a PAWS-OK Representative.
You can see which cats are in the Adoption Center by selecting "Adoptable Cats" from the menu strip above.